Wednesday, 17 February 2010

using brushes








This is me using brushes that were downloaded from the internet and these are in the form of Grunge style. I made this page 1600x 1000 pixels becuase this is the best size to fit most monitors and things can be viewed easily.

I really like the use of these and think you can really create some interesting designs. I decided to put an image from my portfolio on the page just to see how they would interact with the images. My personal opinion is that the brushes are slightly distracting from the main image and that is not the best thing to do for your work. Again I think that this is a case of more simple ideas winning and being used just purely because my site is going to be used for gallery purposes. I want all of this to be about my images and not the surrounding area.









WIRE FRAMING


This was a really good way of getting your head around the idea of a basic layout of the website.


There were so many possible things that I could have done and so i sketched a few and annotated them, this really put my mind into thinking about how these should look purely as shells to start with. Key elements within the design is where things like your logos, navigation bars, name and gallery are going to go.














No comments:

Post a Comment