Tuesday, 16 February 2010

4th December

I was looking through the website at images that were really powerful and I came across a site called smashing magazine and i found they had so many beautiful images but there was a section that caught my eye.

By Daved Brosche and Smashing Editorial Team
Vic Nicholas
I really like this picture because it this beautiful calm and scerene, but there is one man standing alone and by the shadow cast it give this slight errie element because it is almost like someone is standing on his shoulder and watching him.
But to us we can not see the detail of the person, only a black shilouette and so this just become a dark form in the shape of a human rather than an actual human.



Rosie HardyA very creative use of shadows to help portray a powerful feeling and emotion in this picture.
This picture is fantastic, I like the idea of the hands streatching out as thought they are going to grab the person that is curling up in the corner.
The hands are looking more like claws and so there is now this idea of a lingering attack at any moment.
Just using the shadows rather than actual hands makes this image more edgy because they distort and its like you are waiting for the owners of the hands to spring out.


I think that this picture is a lovely way of using shadows.
It is the shilouette of people standing together and it looks like fun and interaction of relationships.
This is not the way I would use shadows for mine but I think the picture is lovely.

The reason that I chose this image was that i liked the Ideas of Shadows representing these giants, so taking these women and transforming their form to something else due to realtion of the sun to them.
You start going onto the unusal, little people and massive shadows.









I found these amazing photographs and I really like the use of shadows in each of them.
This has got me thinking about my previous ideas, I am now starting to wonder if I can use this idea of shadows to represent my ghosts rather than flashbacks.
The reason that I think this will work well is because A shadow is
noun
1.
a dark figure or image cast on the ground or some surface by a body intercepting light.
2.
shade or comparative darkness, as in an area.
3.
shadows, darkness, esp. that coming after sunset.
4.
shelter; protection: sanctuary in the shadow of the church.
5.
a slight suggestion; trace: beyond the shadow of a doubt.
6.
a specter or ghost: pursued by shadows.
7.
a hint or faint, indistinct image or idea; intimation: shadows of things to come.
8.
a mere semblance: the shadow of power.
9.
a reflected image.
10.
(in painting, drawing, graphics, etc.)
a.
the representation of the absence of light on a form.
b.
the dark part of a picture, esp. as representing the absence of illumination: Rembrandt's figures often emerge gradually from the shadows.
I think its this whole idea of a dark form cast due to light being blocked.
So it is another representation of yourelf and by blocking out light you are blocking out all the good that is coming to you and that is why I am now considering to use Shadows as the representational 'GHOSTS'.

No comments:

Post a Comment